Summary of the Firm’s expectations
This position will assist managers and partners in the day-to-day activities of the Firm and may have access to confidential client and proprietary information. As a result, confidentiality, discretion and nondisclosure of the Firm’s information or client matters are crucial for this position. Any documented violations of these expectations will be grounds for disciplinary action, including but not limited to, immediate termination of employment with the Firm.
Summary of responsibilities
Responsibilities include providing bookkeeping and basic tax return preparation services for clients. This position may also be asked to prepare workpapers and schedules relating to all of the Firm’s services (i.e., audits, reviews, tax, compilations, etc.).
1. Become familiar with the Firm’s policies and procedures.
2. Perform bookkeeping and payroll services for clients.
3. Prepare audit and tax workpapers, including trial balances, depreciation schedules, and debt amortization schedules.
4. Prepare basic tax returns and accumulate data for tax return preparation.
5. Prepare compilation reports.
6. Prepare engagement correspondence such as confirmations and maintain correspondence control report which documents the status of mailed and returned confirmations.
7. Enter data for computer applications.
8. Prepare sales tax returns for clients.
9. Prepare payroll tax returns for clients.
10. Calculate employee wages from records or time cards and prepare checks for payment of wages.
11. Prepare withholding, Social Security, and other tax reports.
12. Perform other duties as assigned from time to time by the Firm’s senior accountants, managers and partners.
13. Involves in-office work, performing various tasks concurrently.
14. Occasional work on-site at the client’s location.
15. Moderate to low overtime required throughout the year.
16. High level of overtime may be required during busy season.
Education and/or experience
17. Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
18. Basic understanding of accounting, bookkeeping or tax preparation.
19. Applicant should demonstrate initiative, flexibility and willingness to work in a changing environment and should be able to work independently while performing several tasks concurrently with
The person serving in this position must comply with the Firm’s Employee Handbook and other Firm policies relating to confidential and proprietary information; the prohibition against solicitation of the Firm’s clients; and the prohibition against directly or indirectly performing services for clients if the person leaves the Firm.
Employment and non-compete agreement
The person serving in this position will be required to sign an Employment and Non-compete Agreement, in connection with the Firm’s offer of employment. Among other matters, the person serving in this position must agree to compensate the Firm for its loss of any client who was receiving tax, audit, accounting or financial consulting services from the Firm during any portion of the 18-month period preceding the termination of employment for any reason.